Bench Radio Engineer
Based Somerset | Posted 2017-05-29
Our client is 1 of the top 3 designers and manufacturers of radio communications equipment. With over 20 years’ experience they have grown to be a key player in PMR communication industry with a customer base in more than 50 countries and regions across the world. They are committed to maintain their reputation within the industry and remain 1 of the biggest names in Radio Communications with constant investment in their R&D, with a team of 800+ engineers and 3 research centres. They are now seeking a Product Content Executive to join this thriving business.
An experienced Radio Bench Technician with experience of providing independent repair support across the full range of our clients Radio Communications products as well as basic analogue and digital programming skills.
- Providing repair support i.e. Fault diagnosis, general fix and technical guidance
- All technical aspects including full technical support for customers and sales, interpret hardware and software issues and push for escalation with R&D if an initial solution is not found
- Carry out full diagnostic test of radio equipment by utilising bench test equipment
- Liaise with customers in respect of maintenance issues
- Other duties and tasks assigned by the Engineering Manager
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years related experience with Digital Mobile Radios
- Understanding of RF theory and basic electronics to the component level
- Proficient in the use of a communications analyzer, electrical circuit trouble-shooting and operation of test equipment
- Experience with communication equipment (e.g. two-way radios) and public safety systems is a plus