Head of Laboratory
Based South West London | Posted 2017-05-08
Attractive Package + Extensive Benefits
Our client is a UKAS accredited calibration laboratory offering a complete calibration service. Established over 25 years ago they have grown to become one of the most highly regarded calibration laboratories in the UK. Working extensively alongside some of the most respected companies in the UK and across a wide range of industries including Rail, Aerospace, Pharmaceutical and Engineering. The Calibration services being offered include instrumentation, mechanical, electrical, electronic, pressure, torque, surface calibration, tables and numerous others. With strategic planning in mind this has led to our client recruiting for a Head of Laboratory to play a fundamental role in ensuring the operations of the business is performing at the optimum level, at all times.
- Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will take full responsibility for the running of the operations team and ensuring all aspects are in compliance with UKAS standards.
- You will lead, motivate, train and inspire a small multi-disciplined team that encompasses predominately Mechanical & Electrical Calibration Engineers.
- To develop technical strategies that will ensure the business maintains its competitive advantage and enable it to win new business thorough the identification and development of new differentiated products, solutions and services.
- Ensure Audit plans are adhered to, training and calibration documentation are up to date and ensuring compliance with company policies, procedures and associated documentation.
- An inspirational, entrepreneurial and ambitious Head of Laboratory with ideally a relevant qualification in mechanical/electrical engineering coupled with demonstrable experience of successfully managing a team from an operational engineering perspective - within an Electrical, Mechanical or Electronics related environment.
- An inspirational leader with evidence of delivering high value technical projects, with an experience of dealing with major customers.
- Experience of working with ISO 17025, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards, experience with the operation and effectiveness of a quality management system within a laboratory environment.
- An ability to be "hands on" in performing electrical and temperature calibrations when required.
In return, you will receive an excellent reward structure, together with the opportunity to enhance your career within a truly progressive environment and to apply for this exceptional opportunity.