Area Sales Manager – Primary Food Ingredients
Based Scotland | Posted 2017-05-24
£30,000- £35,000 Basic + OTE £15,000 + Car + Pension
One of the UK’s premier suppliers of primary food ingredients, our client currently seeks to employ a proven Area Sales Manager to sell their range of products into the Food and Beverage markets in Scotland.
The appointed Area Sales Manager will assume the following responsibilities:
• Developing new business within the food and beverage market
• Managing a portfolio of over 100 accounts within Scotland and the North East
• Promoting strategic (Push products) within the food and beverage market
• Selling solutions to NPD departments and commodity products to purchasing departments
• Continuing the development of the food and beverage market across Scotland
• Maintaining market share within the food and beverage market
This role is ideally suited to a driven sales professional (ideally a real foodie) who will enjoy selling complex solutions to NPD departments, however if you have sold testing/analytical services, waste management, packaging, ingredients or consumables to the food and beverage industry in Scotland I am keen to hear from you. Applicants will also be required to demonstrate:
• 2 years’ field sales experience
• 2 years' experience selling b2b services or ingredients to the food and beverage market
• A proven record of sales success
• Excellent communication and IT skills
• Ideally a proven record of sales within primary food ingredients (flavours, colours, additives, preservatives, hydrocolloids, sugars, starches, etc.) – not essential but advantageous
• Knowledge of the food and beverage market in Scotland, ideally selling to Nairns, Baxters, Highland Spring, Tunnock's, Walkers, Caledonian Brewery, Drambuie, Johnnie Walker etc.
A leading UK primary food ingredients supplier, boasting a sales turnover exceeding £300 million per annum, our client currently seeks to employ a proactive, self-motivated and driven sales professional to sell their ranges of primary food ingredients (flavours, colours, additives, preservatives, hydrocolloids, sugars, starches, etc.) into the food and beverage market across Scotland and the North East of England. If you are based in Scotland, sell ingredients or services to the food and beverage market and are open to a new role within a dynamic and rewarding organisation, this is the opportunity for you.
For more details contact Charlie on 01212728314 or apply below.