Junior Formulations / Technical Chemist Personal Care
Based London | Posted 2017-05-25
Highly Competitive Basic Salary + Benefits Package
An innovative chemicals company at the forefront of chemical production, our client is seeking a Junior Formulations / Technical Chemist to join their applications lab in London.
Under direction of the European Laboratory Manager, the appointed Junior Formulations / Technical Chemist will develop stable Personal Care formulations for a variety of consumer products. The successful candidate will remain aware of market trends, competitive products, new raw material launches and changes in the relevant legislation in order to provide up-to-date technical support to the European Sales Team. Upholding high standards of health and safety, recording necessary documentation for formulations and maintaining lab equipment, the successful candidate will manage multiple development projects simultaneously, prioritising to ensure their timely delivery.
Applicants will be required to demonstrate:
• Degree in Chemistry, Biology and/or Cosmetic Sciences
• Laboratory experience and an aptitude for product development, project management and organisation
• A problem solver, capable of translating experiment results into product improvements
• Understanding of the Personal Care Industry (any experience in the Personal Care Industry is a plus)
• Good communication skills - fluent in English plus 1 other European language would be advantageous
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
An innovative chemicals company at the forefront of chemical production, our client is seeking a Junior Formulations / Technical Chemist to join their applications lab in London. If you are passionate about chemistry and the Personal Care / Cosmetics markets our client offers unrivalled training, career development and an exciting and rewarding career in formulations.